1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Amazon 'unreleases' its big-budget release, Crucible

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I feel like you can already see what kind of strategy is behind that game: there's a franchise leader before there's even a single game.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The only other time I can recall this happening is with FFXIV... which actually turned out astonishingly well; going from a game that was pretty dire both in terms of design and in terms of fundamental interaction as a game (that abysmal and unfixable cursor movement still haunts me to this day), to an extremely popular and universally praised one.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The first thing they need to do is rename the damn thing. Crucible is the PvP element of Destiny, never going to get any good SEO with that name.

This reminds me of Lawbreakers and Battleborn, they had all the plans laid out for their new BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE. They just forgot to make sure they had a product worth selling* first.

*In the case of F2P games I mean selling in the sense of persuading players to put down other F2P titles and invest time in this one.

Tags: Add Tags