1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Microsoft Flight Simulator Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 2 Sep 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

While I'll admit that Edinburgh Castle isn't exactly one of the seven wonders of the world, that is just an insult beyond words. It's not like it hasn't been there for long enough!

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Apparently it does the same thing with Buck House (BBC video, about the 1:05 mark), as well as putting London bridges under water (but still, strangely, with cars on them :D)

Paradigm Shifter likes this.
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Thanks for the vid; he says they're working on an XBox version?! :eeek::worried:

Underwater bridges, too. :lol:

I would quite like this, I'll admit; but while my internet connection can be super fast (I've seen >400Mbps from Steam) when my ISP decides my apartment block has hit it's limit, its a sudden, hard drop to 256K... :duh: sometimes it recovers quite quickly, others it stays there for the rest of the day.

5. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Feel the review does touch on the main issue for me which is that there isn't much of a "game" element to it. I'm not overly interested in learning to fly so think it would just be a bit of a dry experience. At least with car sims you're given times, ai or other drivers to beat so the realism just becomes part of the immersion, but the objectives in FS aren't spoon fed enough for a casual like me.

6. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

What about the sight seeing element of it?

7. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Not really my bag. I can watch someone else do that on YouTube for nothing.

8. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

My favourite are cruise ships that lie under water in ports - you can imagine yourself flying around some post-apocalyptic world!

Something I haven't really seen compared is this game against Google Earth VR. Perhaps the latter is a better sight-seeing tool?

Tags: Add Tags