1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Star Wars: Squadrons Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Oct 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

This was one of the reasons I made up my mind to go for an Oculus Q2 later in the year - glad to have that validated! Not so glad to read the other article about deleted FB a/cs removing Oculus data, but that's a different chat.

Few quick questions about the VR though:
    • Are you stuck with using the hand controllers, or can you link to a PC for the benefit of a joystick?
    • Did you by any chance use a Quest 2 for the review, and how does it handle the screen updates/tearing/stuttering/whatever when whizzing your head around during fast-paced battles with a lot going on?
    • Is it straightforward enough to use the keyboard for the power management functionality etc. with the headset on?

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

SW Squadrons doesn't support hand controllers. You must use gamepad or joystick..... or keyboard+mouse.

The game runs at VR HMD refresh rate, there won't be any tearing. Stuttering can be felt if the frame time is not fast enough for refresh rate, this will cause frame reprojection or some other technique. SWS is not a hard game to render. But I've read there are problems with SteamVR, so it's worth sticking with Oculus Link and buy using a non-Steam store. My Origin version supports both Oculus VR mode and SteamVR mode.

If you can accurately press 1-4 from WASD without looking, then yes.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This may be the thing that finally tips me to get a HOTAS. Elite Dangerous didn't do it, because I got too used to KB+M first. And it had a million and one keybinds. But this looks like it deserves it.

Tags: Add Tags