1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Halo 4 PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 12 Jan 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

When did this come out on Xbox?

I remember playing Halo a long time ago on PC, but it was so long ago I can't even remember which version it was.

3. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Halo 4 was released on Xbox 360 in November 2012 and on the Xbox One in 2014 (following the Japanese launch of the console) in the Master Chief Collection.

4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

MCC is a must buy me and my kids still have a blast playing split/screen multiplayer matches.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I am lazy for not cross checking myself, but do I need the MCC for split screen gaming? me and the kids still love split screen multiplayer etc... seems a shame as it appears less and less games cater for this (might be a perception rather than reality?).

6. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Split screen isn't available on the PC. I think you can buy each title individually for consoles if you want to split screen but I think it might be limited to 2 player co-op.

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

ah yeah, its on consoles the campaigns are 2 player co-0p but mp even on line on consoles can be 4 player split screen which is awesome fun apart from me being crap with a joy pad. and if ever halo 5 makes it to pc buy it only when its a bargain seasonal sale price.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

So, this is a DLC?

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Never had an xbox so never played them. The MCC worth it?

10. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

If you have no nostalgia for it it's tough to recommend imo. It's kind of an interesting universe but the level design does feel quite dated in parts.
    No it's Halo 4. Purchasers of the Master Chief Collection now have it available as part of that, but you can have it as a standalone.

adidan likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's £30 for a set of well made linear FPS that bridge a slightly awkward gap between late 90s Doom/Quake/Unreal type games and Call of Duty style shooting galleries. If you like shooters they're well worth a go.

If you find you like the series I also recommend the SPV3 mod for Halo PC, but play the games proper before trying that one, it assumes you're very familiar with the series from the get go.

adidan likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thanks for that. That's the trouble when you misd out on the start, no ties to soften the blow of dated looks.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I just had a look on Steam and it said I needed the Master Chief Collection first?

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That seems to be a stuff up in the Steam Store, the notice directly above that says that Halo 4 standalone does not require the MCC to be playable, but is also included with the MCC.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1064273/Halo_4/

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The MCC is kind of only a launcher (but also the name of the complete package) that you get automatically with whichever one of the individual titles you buy.

So if you buy just Halo 4, it installs MCC but you only get the Halo 4 part of it if that makes sense...

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Back in the old days, I have played Halo 1 co-op on friend's xbox and many hours of Halo 1 & CE on PC afterwards. Completed most of Halo 2 campaign on friend's xbox at launch day in the school common room (it was a good day).

But I just can't get back into Halo Reach, the chronologically first game in the story. It feels incredibly dated and boring......

Any harm in skipping Reach?

17. Dazboots

Dazboots What's a Dremel?

Hello there stranger. long time no see ;) Just joined this forum today and noticed your in here. Hows it going hope your keeping well...

Tags: Add Tags