1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Aquaceras Part 10 - Making Custom DDC Heatsinks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Feb 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm the last guy to not comment on 'tube. I miss throwing crazy ideas at Alex, (because he's crazy enough to do them.)
    @Maki role - Incredibly stunning work, as always, but you are still working within the stock dimensions of the DDC. ;)
    Make the next one ball shaped or some mad thing. It wouldn't fit in your mill, but you can make it multiple parts. :thumb:

Dr. Coin likes this.
  3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Can you give some more details on the features of your fixture plate?
    I was wondering are brass nuts for alignment or are they also clamping the part? Why the channel on the second side?

4. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Just want to say that the quality of your youtube videos are excellent and the creativity / work ethic of the mods is simply mind blowing to lazy me.

One minor comment which is whilst I very much enjoy a good CNC video (very satisfying) you could perhaps trim a little from these sections or vary it a bit by providing a bit of voice over discussing some of the design decisions, milling details etc.

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Aha done for a very valid reason, I wanted things to fit in the exact spot I already had, which was done to those dimensions since originally they were stock parts. The flip side is I want to balance crazy with being something I like, got some cool plans for the future though.

They're Mitee Bite fixture clamps, the channel is so that I can have a consistent Z depth with the base of the part for establishing the zero point.

I've considered it, the issue is when I tried it out, it ended up taking so long for info that realistically almost nobody really wants and slightly messes with the flow of the video. I'm so far into breaking point already that I don't think I could handle adding in even more elements haha.

Cheapskate and Spraduke like this.
  6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

The clamping procedure make so much sense now.

Tags: Add Tags