1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel confirms Rocket Lake retail sales start on 30th March

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Mar 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

With availability to retail customers who don't support scalpers, confirmed for 2022.

3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

Is there any reason to buy it though? I’ve not seen a single positive thing written about it.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It's a little faster than 10x00 CPUs?
    It has a better iGPU which hardly anyone on this forum will ever use, especially in the the 11700 and up models?
    It is expensive, thus good, by the logic of more numbers = more better?

It's something to tide you over until Intel's big.LITTLE Alder Lake-S arrives, which will obviously be extremely impressive on slides and hopefully a neat product in real life?

Really giving it my all to make this appeal to anyone here!

monty-pup likes this.
  5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

One possible benefit is that most Intel CPUs have an iGPU, and in these strange times of supply problems, that may tip the balance their way if Ryzen APUs continue to be hard to source.
    Particularly so, as any Ryzen CPU that isn't an APU needs a graphics card to accompany it, and they're not so easy to get either...

Not defending Intel in any way, but it's the way the land lies at the moment :sad:

perplekks45 likes this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Very true indeed. I just don't really see many builders in the DIY space going for an i7 or i9 with the idea to delay putting in a GPU at a later date. They'd much rather delay the whole build, I guess.

It would be different IF Rocket Lake-S was an impressive jump in CPU power, but let's not forget this is a backported 10nm design with fewer cores than originally planned, a known issue with power draw and heat, and still just 10-15% IPC increase over current gen Intel CPUs.

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

"this is a backported 10nm design with fewer cores than originally planned, a known issue with power draw and heat, and still just 10-15% IPC increase over current gen Intel CPUs"
    It just keeps on getting better, what's not to like? :hehe:

perplekks45 and monty-pup like this.
Tags: Add Tags