1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD launches the Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 18 Mar 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

3. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

They were at least available for about 10 minutes on Scan, I had a quick look out of interest. Then again, the only model left was the Asus TUF variant at £720, which is probably a bit steep...

4. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Awful what vendors are getting away with at the moment. All the time people are willing to pay the prices and crypto is as it is then theres no going back is there? CCL are asking £900 for a 3070 so ... i have no more words. Just ridiculous.

5. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

I did a quick recon while at work bored, and I noticed that the new Lian Li 120 fans that I want to finish a new build, were out of stock at Scan and Overclockers, but that a large portion of those for sale at inflated prices were disturbingly close to both these two outlets.
    I did succeed in shipping several via Spain, when they first landed.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Soo..would it be cheaper to buy a prebuilt system and then harvest the gpu out of it and then sell the rest on the open market?

MLyons likes this.
  7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yes with a big but:

Yes, prebuilts are the only way for consumers to buy any GPU at a non scalper price.

But:
    The likes of Dell etc often use proprietary mobos, psus etc that you can't really sell for much as individual components.

So you'd pretty much be limited to the "small" system builders like Chillblast, Scan / Ebuyer housebrands etc... and availability / pricing of GPUs from those is (to be very generous) hit and miss.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Honestly I was thinking of DinoPC, Chillblast or Scan ect to begin with. I would never buy Dell or HP. It was mere curiosity. I cannot afford to buy a prebuilt in the first place. But it seems like it might be a way forward for some people.

Tags: Add Tags