1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Ten Years On: Portal 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 May 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

monty-pup likes this.
  2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Great article. A 1st person perspective game that is more exciting than almost all FPS shooters.

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

If the trip down memory lane whetted your appetite for some Portal action, check out Portal Reloaded - A free, 25 map community add-on which innovates with a new time-bending portal type.

lewchenko likes this.
  4. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

It was indeed an amazing game. However , Valve did what they always do ... and stopped making any more. All my favourite games like HL, L4D , portal could have easily had another episode but they just didn’t bother. Maybe they ran out of ideas or were too busy printing money from Steam sales ? It’s been ages since Valve released anything I have considered buying (never got into DOTA). I could argue that they just don’t make games anymore.

monty-pup likes this.
  5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It isn't like they did nothing between Dota2 and Half Life Alyx though:

Steam Controller, Steam Link, SteamOS (and by extension their support of trying to make gaming on linux a thing), Steam Consoles, VR Headsets... Yes, none of those things where games and some of them where doomed to fail but they certainly didn't sit on their ass and just count money.

Last edited: 21 May 2021
    d_stilgar likes this.
Tags: Add Tags