1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Company of Heroes 3 announced, revealed, and playable

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Jul 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Got the pre-alpha, but it crashes and makes me reluctant to put the time back in again just to get to the same stage. To be expected, but demoralising nonetheless.

Might go at it again tomorrow. Campaign map looks okay, but will need to get my head around it (I haven't played CoH 2 yet, apparently this had similar). Seems odd that you can't tell which units will end up in attack range of a given move before executing, unless I'm missing something.

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Third crash during the same mission, so I think I'm done with this now. Remembered something @oscy went through recently so dialled down the settings in case it was VRAM-related, but that didn't seem to make much difference (other than it happening later in the mission). Shame, I was hoping to like this one.

4. oscy

oscy Modder

Not me. If I ever played a game from this series, it would've been a random freebie years ago for 30 minutes.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah, no - I meant your "crashing to desktop" thread being possibly due to a lack of VRAM. Maybe to do with Yakuza? Did you ever find out if VRAM was the problem?

6. oscy

oscy Modder

It was never much of a problem to begin with, it's hard to say. I just wondered if I should expect games to never crash, rather than twice over 100 hours or some badly finished games like Cyberpunk or Assassin's Creed to have spurts.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

The Civ-like turn-based campaign seems new, I really like it, no longer forced list of missions, adds a lot of replayability (and need loads of time invested, so I probably won't make far into the campaign :( so I'll wait for a sale)

The old style RTS is similar to the old formula, "if it ain't broke". Still the CoH I remember (a lot of CoH1, 1/3 of CoH2 campaign)

In RTS mode, I see VRAM usage go beyond 10GB. I've also had momentary very low FPS for a few seconds for now apparent reason. So it's very far from finished and optimised.

Tags: Add Tags