1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 3DMark 11 High Temple Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Oct 2010.

1. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

....like I said, this post is interesting because?

E-PEENIE!!

2. batfink

batfink New Member

Looks pants.

It doesn't matter how much tesseratoryisation or schrodingery you throw up your Shader Model 8.0 pipe if the models are crap in the first place.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well the Haven benchmark really shows off bump mapping and tessellation on the ground so that would be a good way to get an idea of the difference but you have to remember each part of 3dMark bench has always tested for different aspects of graphics. This shows not just ray beams, this is also showing light refraction, how light curves around objects and reflects off of other objects and how there is added depth to what is basically flat graphics.

Another thing, I dont know if people noticed but those big letters at the top that says Work In Progress still means yup you guessed it that they are still working on it so there could be more visual effects that needs to be added or this is a way for them to find out what people would like to see added for the final version.

But listen I hear you people want action, movement and so forth but thats not always whats needed for a bench and Im sure they will in their other test but all I can say is lets hold judgment until its actual release then we can all tear into it ^_^

Tags: Add Tags