1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS 3DS price slashed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kenco_uk, 11 Aug 2011.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

2. Aracos

Aracos New Member

In a years time when it has good games I'll buy one, but right now when over 80% of the "good" games are actually remakes/ports it's just pointless getting it.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Oooh, now I'm interested... as long as it has Pokémon I'm happy...

:worried:

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Well-Known Member

Nothing released on it yet that makes me want to get it. As other posters have said theres no good games that arent remakes

5. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Part of me wants a 3DS, but then I just don't travel around enough to justify it really. I'm either doing something, or next to a PC/PS3. That and the 3D on some games really hurts my eyes (Hint for Nintendo: Next time you make a handheld, make sure it doesn't rot out peoples eyes).

6. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

Guess I'm just silly cause i got mine on release day, with pilotwings. Played it for about 3-4 hours total then put it away.

I then placed myself in a large bush outside the door of my local gamestop and waited for Zelda - OoT. Jumped the door the second they unlocked it and played that bad boy for about 20h straight. Still not completed master quest yet, but finding it incredibly entertaining. But yes the lineup is mostly interesting cause of the remakes atm.

Kid Icarus and the "new" mario are appealing tho.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

There are no games I want on a 3DS - yet. Glad it went down in price, It'll be cheaper by the time I get one Im sure.

8. eddieuk1983

eddieuk1983 New Member

Just got one of these off Amazon along with Ridge Racer and Zelda. The 3d is absolutely oustanding and genuinely enhances the experience of playing a handheld game.

It is very refreshing to play games with proper buttons insted of the screen on my iphone. I have experienced no side effects from the 3d like users on various forums have reported. They obviously need to man up and stop being nesh. :lol:

At £115 this device is an absolute steal.

Eddie

9. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

I have to say, it's a great device. They just need to get some more games out there. Oh yes, and they need to find a way to stop people looking over my shoulder on the tube!

At £135 its a bargain!

10. kol

kol New Member

£105 now in tesco ive heard.

I also read that Nintendo Wii Black Editions are going for £87.

11. slaw

I just checked and its @ £115. stilll thats a bargin. well worth getting.

12. Whirly

Whirly New Member

The fact that Nintendo have had to reduce the price so much so quickly doesn't bode well for the Playstation Vita. IIRC they are talking £250-300 for it and while it may be technically impressive it does feel like Sony haven't learned the lesson of launching the PS3 at a much higher price than their competition.

If you ask me, I think the 3DS price drop may be seen as a masterstroke a few years down the line. It's now within the reach of a lot of parents who are tightening their belts but still want the latest thing for little Johnny. And in the end, a large installed user base = more games = more buyers of the console.

13. slaw

Indeed. its now in the impulse buy price range. they need to reduce the price of downloadable games though. they should be in the iphone game price range to really make a big dent in portable gaming.