1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage 3TB Drive issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TeenGeek, 23 Aug 2012.

1. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

So, today, i built my first computer. it is in a fractal design define r4, with an asus p8z77-v deluxe mobo, 16GB gskill x series ram @2133, 2 GTX670SLI, ASUS dx soundcard, seasonic 1050W 80 plus Gold. i73770k, and two hard drives, one is a 256GB ocz vertex4, and the other is a 3TB seagate barracuda. now,my issue is that i got this computer running quite well, and it is extremely fast, BUT i cant get windows to recognize my HDD, i've looked in the BIOS but i cant figure out how to get it into the boot order, or anything. i can see the thing, when i look in the boot category in advanced mode, but it wont let me put it inot the main boot priorities, and windows cant see it either. anybody know of a solution that doesnt involve re-installing windows?

Any help is very much appreciated!

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Format the drive. Use the windows install disk to do it if you have to.

3. jizwizard

jizwizard Well-Known Member

Right click computer, manage, disk management, locate drive, new simple volume

4. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

This.

You can also go to help and search for disk management if you can't find it.

5. PabloFunky

PabloFunky New Member

In order to use all 3tb (windows limitations etc etc), you will need to format as a gpt partition.

6. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

AHA! excellent, problem resolved now, thank you all for your help!