1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 3x Dell U2312HM's + Pantone Huey

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fuus, 27 Sep 2013.

1. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Hi guys,

I've just used a Pantone Huey for the first time in conjunction with DispcalGUI and ArgyllCMS to calibrate my Dell monitors. The issue is each monitor has a different tint to white?! If I strech a blank paint screen across the left monitor has a blue tinge, the centre looks about right and the right monitor has a red tinge. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? perhaps applying profiles wrong? or not disabling some nVidia setting? Specs in Sig!.

Any help appreciated!

Regards, Fuus

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did you get the 3 monitors at the same time?

3. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Yes indeed! Although they were NRG refurbs they are the same revision no.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

They probably comes from different batch, despite the same revision.
    That means the LED's of the back light or/and the revision of the actual panel might different.
    That is why the saying goes that it's best to order the monitors all at once, preferably directly form the manufacture to ensure that it's really from the same batch... or at least you have more chances to be (you can have the back luck that the other monitor is from a new batch). It's sucks, but a reality of consumer grade monitors.

The best way, is to try and adjust the colors from the monitor on screen menu, but that will affect all colors. Ideally, is to get a RGB-LED backlight monitor, where you have independent control of Red, Green and blue LED's of the back light itself, to adjust the white... but those cost the price of a car, sadly.
    Technology isn't there to make it affordable, let alone need/request from the consumer. Maybe the day dual monitor will be more mainstream, at least on the professional and semi-professional, and also enthusiasts market, then we may see a push (expect it to still be very expensive), but so far, this is what it is, I am afraid.

fuus likes this.
  5. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I assume a colourimeter used separately on each monitor would mean each was calibrated but I get the feeling that every time I calibrated one the other two would receive the same end difference.. Ideally I would've bought direct but it was a 30% difference in price.. I suppose that's the price I pay.

Thanks Goodbytes! +rep

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Batch shouldn't matter... that's the point of calibration... to overcome differences in different monitors.

Sounds like the Pantone software is applying one profile to all screens to me. Do you have three colour profiles in your colour preferences in windows? Each screen should have it's own .icm profile that loads at start up.

7. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I used dispcalGUI which says it applies different profiles so...
    and yeah, in the windows settings they each have a different profile :/

Might Nvidia control panel be overriding this somehow?

Last edited: 29 Sep 2013