1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 4 displays???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by gstlouis, 2 Sep 2005.

1. gstlouis

gstlouis What's a Dremel?

So I've done the PS1 LCD mod. I already had 2 CRT monitors and I also have a TV. I have my NVidia 5900XT for my primary card running my CRT's. I have a Radeon 7500 to run the LCD screen and the TV (I've already tested it alone with the lcd, it works great). However, when I plug the RCA jack in for the TV, after I restart my computer, the video card will only do a single display, and by default does it to the TV. The LCD is blank. Powerstrip won't recognize it either. I keep choosing 'extend my desktop' in the display settings(which shows 4 monitors, but the LCD monitor is grayed out), but it just unchecks itself after applying. I've tried tooling with ATI's dual display tab, but it won't let me turn on a second monitor. Is there some way that I can force the output on the LCD screen and also allow for the RCA out for the TV?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps you need to specify the configuration in the Displays Manager of the Catalyst Control Center?

3. sum41

sum41 What's a Dremel?

i didnt think you could use dual cards when they are radeon and nvidia cards

4. gstlouis

gstlouis What's a Dremel?

yeah, they work together, I just have a hard time getting the display to work with a second monitor.

I've figured it out. The reason the PS1 LCD works is because the video card (in most cases) forces a signal to the screen. If you have a video card, enabled, with only one screen hooked up to it, it will force a signal out of that connection. However, when I have the RCA connection hooked up, it chooses that as its primary display connection, and decides that it doesn't need to force a display any more. What I really need is a program that will FORCE the signal out of the VGA port.

elmodder had a post in the other thread where he tried to do the same thing, but with another VGA monitor instead of a TV. He had the same (lack of) luck that I did. Nuts...

I think option B will be to somehow take one of my existing VGA connections, and see if I can get a splitter/converter to run off of it, and just put a clone of my second display onto my tv...Either that or I can install a 3rd pci card.