1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows 4 On Demand Problems

Discussion in 'General' started by AngelOfRage, 29 May 2008.

1. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I was wondering if anybody else has problems with Channel4oD being unavailable most of the time.

I've had a few days before where i can't access it at all. Both at work and at home.

"4oD is not available at the moment as we are carrying out some essential maintenance to improve the service"

I've been using it loads when it is up though. Worked my way through all the Gordon Ramsay and Derren Brown shows and use it to catch up on missed TV. It's just a shame it's going up and down all the time, it's the best way to watch TV shows.

2. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

agreed i was catching up on peep show the other day and when i went back to watch what i had downloaded it just stopped working!

3. dom_

dom_ --->

Bah! Try using it with vista.
    It just wont open.
    It opens in the background as a running task, but wont appear on screen! Bah!

So i am stuck with iplayer only

4. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Is Kservice running as a service?

I've got mine to start up manually, but I actually have to go into services and start it - 4od doesn't appear on screen without it.

5. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I don't like iPLayer for some reason, 4oD all the way!
    It's up at the moment so i can watch Life After People, which i missed when it was on.

6. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

4oD is awesome, but yeah it keeps doing this downtime thing, downtimes, badtimes

7. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

I haven't had any problems with it. My only fault with all these software is that there still isn't one integral solution where I can instantly flick between different channels and watch programmes from different channels.

8. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Mine was doing that, i found I’d missed a email asking me to verify my details. After that it started working

9. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I'm sure i read that BBC, ITV and C4 are all going to contribute to a single system at some point soon. My only concern is if they base it on iPLayer which i hate and scrap 4oD which (apart from the down time) is really good.

10. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

i love 4od it has never let me down,

now i may be wrong but arent 4od and iplayer based on the same system/technology? what annoyed me at uni was that 4od worked 100% all the time every time, whereas iplayer was slow, buffered constantly and resfused to let me download programs.

Tags: