1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4200 ti cooling mod

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dirk, 21 Mar 2004.

1. dirk

dirk What's a Dremel?

I will be purchasing a 9800pro in the near future but for now I would like to mod my ti 4200 to get the most out of it before I take her out. :)

Currently shes at 290 core, 570 mem, but I'm thinking of modding it with a Zalman silent cooler with a 80mm fan on the side, can anyone recommend any other coolers which might be worth a look at? or is this one the best bet?

ta :p

*EDIT*

I took out the card earlier on to inspect what I would need to do to put a new fan or whatever on and now she won't work at all, I dont get any signal on bootup. I'm such a tit because I pressed down the plungers that hold the hsf in place and dusted it out too, I think I may have blown it. Although the first time I booted it worked but everything was blurry and the colours were all distorted (like it was in 256 colour mode) then rebooted and it wouldn't work at all. Got the ge2 in now :(

Any suggestions please.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2004
  2. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

3. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

Crap! you are my ti4200 twin, unlucky, check the HSF is seated correctly.

'doc

4. dirk

dirk What's a Dremel?

everything looks fine, the fan is going at a good rate, just no signal :/

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Any post beeps? Is the sink making contact with the core? Thermal goop still there?

6. dirk

dirk What's a Dremel?

Got a very long beep on the second bootup, the first time it worked but the screen textures were all distorted. I've ordered a Iceberg VGA cooler and have taken the old one off, everything seems ok with goop still in place.