1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable 4G Mobile

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by longweight, 10 Nov 2012.

1. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

As soon as I can get my hands on the yellow version I'll be getting the L920 unlocked. GiffGaff has done me nicely since I left T-Mob in August, and since my data usage was a miserly 240MB last month I can afford to stick with the £10 pcm deal.

More to the point, if I do go over the 1GB limit being introduced this month I can topup whenever is necessary, likewise if I go on holiday I can postpone the goodybag until necessary... it's a nobrainer for me, 4g lacks the flexibility I have with my current provider so I'll be happily passing.

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yup using a load of bandwidth on three also, 8Gb cap wouldn't suit me, would like the speed, though with three upgrading their network 3G also then hopefully the speed will come, three have been clamping down on tethering usage when not on the one plan which is a shame, was nice while it lasted.

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Have you seen the yellow in the flesh? I was set on yellow until I saw it... It's a really crap shade of yellow!

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Didn't know they were clamping down on the other tariffs. As long as they don't do any clamping down on the One Plan, I'm happy. :)

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Only clamping down on the usage that is out side of Ts & Cs that naughty people might have took advantage of, like tethering on non One Plan tariffs without tethering bolt on, got a nice message from 3 after streaming for three days on my PS3 that my phone will have no internet until a reboot due to being blocked for such usage....naughty boy :D each subsequent attempt at anythng but phone browsing now locks my data network and displays a special page telling me off. :( was fun for the 3yrs or so it lasted :D

Still can't complain too much I pay 'em peanuts and think its a generally awesome network .

6. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

But other providers won't be getting it til later next year so what's the point.

P.S. To use someone else on here's phrase, is that special as in licking windows? ;)

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Staff

i thought the yellow was naff. i'd imagine looking at it while hungover would make me throw up. It looks super sleek in black though :)