1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 5.25 drive bay fan(s)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by KidModder, 10 Jan 2006.

1. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

Today being bored i looked through my computer junk pile and i found 2 40mm fans and an old cd-rom case. Thinking would it be smart to have a fans there?

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Not especially, the exess noise the 40mms would produce wouldn't be worth the 15-20CFM they moved(and thats being seriously optimistic for 40mm fans).

Mod it and sell it maybe, since its a good idea, but, I wouldn't bother using the thing.

3. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Stay away from small fans.
    Just keep them, you might need them. ;)

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

ditto. If you do it do it for looks. maybe 7v or 5vs them so they just spin because they won't be pushing much air and the higher pitched whines are really annoying.

5. markles077

markles077 What's a Dremel?

Next size up?

You can easily put an 120mm fan in three empty drivebays, by taping the inserts together and cutting out a hole for the fan. Thats the most effective way of fans in the drivebay, methinks- Mark

6. J-chill

J-chill Banned

i was thinking of doing tHAT WITH 3 30mm fans my grama gave me here computer a wile ago. so there was a 30mm fan over the heatsink so i put in a boxs with all other stuff took it out when i started to build my new computer tried it and man they are loud fans!!!!!!! :wallbash: dont do it :wallbash: