1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 51 GPU Folding@home setup is a beast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Aug 2008.

1. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

At least he can save a little bit in heating bills. The heat from that room alone could be blown by fans and ductwork to other rooms to minimize his home heating costs during the winter months.

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I don't think it's worth it. Too many cycles are wasted from missed deadlines. The whole distributed computing schema needs to be revised for improved, assured returns.

3. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

That is just amazing. Good job. :)

The above can bear repeating. It even irks me, as a foreign English speaker. ;)

4. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

I must say I'm very impressed with this folding farm. :jawdrop: I really can't imagine his powerbill...
    On the hand, NVIDIA's client for F@H is a great contribution: take a look at its TFLOP count! :lol:

5. sadlydefiant

sadlydefiant What's a Dremel?

To put together just one of those setups with 4 x 8800gt's would cost a few thousand AU dollars.
    I do seti and folding on the one machine and it would rake me many, many years to get the kind of points that he would acheive in one day..

Tags: Add Tags