1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultra pictured

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Feb 2005.

1. Iceatcs

Iceatcs New Member

one thing, why oh why this guy was going to sell it in ebay. but withdrawn. :worried:
    (maybe he spent so many on it and realise is almost same as 256mb and regret it as want money back)

2. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure whether he does have that card in his possession or not, he may well do, but that isn't what fascinates me here. ;)

3. Iceatcs

Iceatcs New Member

but at least, there are some pictures of it anyway, that what we want. :D

4. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah New Member

I`m not saying it is not a 512 mb one. But on the guru form he admiddit that he did not have it. Also people came with the idear he replaced the sticker of the 6800 gt reverense he hase an placed it on a quadro. What do you think? Nevertheless its a card to drool :D.

5. Is it a question..

Is it a question.. New Member

thank you .... someone who actually red the guru convo :search: !!! he does say he doesnt have it in the end. was there for the whole thing :D . you lot missed out it was funny.... the techies just tore him to pieces!!! if you hadnt noticed either, if i remember correctly, on one of the pics of the back of the card he had blurred out on of the stickers with the barcode or serial number on. either way... i think their will be a 512mb card from nvidia soon... merely out of principles of business marketing, no ones gonna let the competitor take over the market with a new product. :waah:

6. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Found it in my cache - notice that there's no white connection at the top. The images are actually from another site all together - one in china. It's just the dude on Guru3D managed to get hold of the pictures first, so to speak. ;)

7. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah New Member

So in the end it is a 512 ultra ? Sick :D

8. Is it a question..

Is it a question.. New Member

Bigz does it again... found the evidence :search: and shows the proof. as every post ive come across about anything from Bigz have been superb, i think we can trust him on this one aswell.... keeep it up :rock:

9. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah New Member

any more none posted pics on that chineze forum?

10. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

There's a rivatuner grab:

[​IMG]

Nothing else that hasn't already been posted here/on Guru3D - just posting a 6800GT PCIE one for comparison in a sec...

EDIT:
    6800GT PCI-Express rivatuner screen grab.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Mar 2005
  11. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah New Member

Bigz we should both get one or two of those to review at our site`s

12. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Here is a question to ask Gainward or similar at Cebit,

It is fairly common knowledge that when the 6xxx cards are running in SLI configuration only two monitors can be driven, which is a bit of a shame. Would it be possible/feasible to make an SLI partner board with the standard 6xxx chipset, but additionally a mobility chipset plugged into the outputs. This would mean monitors 3 and 4 would be driven by the mobility chipset and you should be able to run all four monitors and enjoy the benefits of SLI as well.

13. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

Interesting thought path, although I think that would be more of a question to ask NVIDIA than their board partners. ;)

14. JADS

True, with all boards being manufactured by one company these days and then rebranded you simply cannot get variety anymore :sigh:.

15. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

they're not necessarily - XFX make their own GeForce 6600 GT's for definite. I know some of their GeForce 6800 Ultra's are straight from NVIDIA's factory, pretty much... but there are parts that are made by the board partners these days - certainly on NVIDIA's side of the fence.

16. JADS

Certainly if they make their own boards they could experiment with alternative configurations. Remember the Quantum3D Obsidian Voodoo boards back in the day?

Also inquire if any of them are intending to make their boards with dual-link DVI sockets.

17. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

That requires an extended PCB revision, like the Mac edition of the GeForce 6800 Ultra. ;)

That is, unless I am barking up the wrong tree.

18. JADS

Afaik it was part of the reference design, so my guess is that it was cut due to cost.It strikes me as shooting yourself in the foot to be honest, if ATI / NVidia could drive higher resolution cheaper displays they could shift more new graphics cards to drive multi megapixel games.

19. Prolix

Prolix New Member

20. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 New Member

I seriously just got shivers up and down my spine form looking at that card.

PEACE

Tags: Add Tags