1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 512MB GeForce 6800 Ultra pictured

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Feb 2005.

1. trumpetlicks

trumpetlicks What's a Dremel?

WRONG

Just wanted to let you know that this quote is completely incorrect. I have a brand new G5 with a 6800 Ultra running dual 30" inch monitors and it definitely does not take 2 GPU's to run. What it needed was the Dual Link DVI. This is essentially sending 2 completly different DVI signals through the same DVI Cable. They accomplish this by utilizing the unused 12 pins (wires) that currently run through a regular DVI Cable. Basically, the GPU can definitely handle driving the amount of pixels, what it cannot do is output the 2 separate signals. This dakes another specialized dual TMDS driver chip to accomplish. Anyway, just wanted to output the information.

2. trumpetlicks

trumpetlicks What's a Dremel?

I dont think so

I dont think that the quadro FX4400 has SLI built in. SLI is a capability built into the 6800 line of GPU's that allow them to work in conjuction with another chip on another card. I beleive SLI stands for Scalable Link Interface and is the link that goes between two cards. the professional line of NVidia chips does not yet have SLI built in. They Were the first PC based video card to support the dual TMDS driver to support the massive pixel resolution of the 30" Apple monitors.

3. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

SLI with those badboys would be AWESOME! :rock:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

The Quadro FX4400 does support SLI, it's designed to run along side NForce 4 Professional. ;)

5. MNC Fear

MNC Fear Banned

will the 512 6800 Ultra be available in AGP?

6. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:hehe: i dought it but who knows? :worried:

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

possibly not I'd say.

8. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Shame these great new cards support great resolutions at fast speeds, but you can't find a decent monitor to use them on?

Most flat screens don't go higher than 1600 x 1200, but most decent modern graphics cards will support 2048 x 1536, or maybe even more now.

EDIT: can't even find a modern CRT monitors that handles 2048 x 1536 with clarity.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think we're going to stop at 1600x1200 for now. :)

I've got a Sony Trinitron G400 that runs 1600x1200 at a nice 85Hz and the clarity is up there with the best of them IMO. :)

Tags: Add Tags