1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 55% off MSI P55 boards tomorrow at 2pm!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 7 Sep 2009.

1. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Waste of time. Got through e-buyer as far as the credit card details for a GD65, pressed pay now and got thrown back to an empty checkout - no order in history or e-mail. Ar*e.

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Did scan even sell any ? They were probably all sold 'internally'.

3. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

erratum scan sold their lot at about 12.40 ish randomly. CCL online sold even earlier than that.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

If anyone didn't see the free shipping with ebuyer (like me) then open an eNote on your order, as they were able to change mine (I sneakily tried to order another one but by the time I got half way through the order it sent me back to an empty shopping cart).

My order is showing as having a "stock warning" so I still don't know if I'll get one, but the order is still there for £63 and hasn't been cancelled yet.

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I got a GD80 from scan, i bought it at 12.24. It was pure accident that while browsing products i saw that the GD80 was advertised as pre order at discount price. I had allready logged into my scan account so a couple of clicks and keyboard strokes later it was done. I guess i was one of the luckyy ones. I just hope that all other lucky buyers keep the board and dont attempt to profit from it.

6. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ordered at 2:02 with ebuyer and ive just got my payment processed email and says it will be delivered on 15th

Plenty of time to get ram and a cpu sorted

7. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

What time was that?, I placed order at 14:00 on the dot, and it says good allocated now, I was determined to be on the site at 2pm though, I checked again at about 14:12 and they had gone, the board wasn't even listed so I clicked it in my order section and it said sold out/discontinued no longer available (but I did get one), so if you placed order after 14:10 chances are you wouldn't have got one.

8. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Maybe Bit-Tech will purge the threads that attempt to sell them for a profit.

9. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

CCL sold their early as mentioned. gits!

Got mine from ebuyer approx 2.01pm, order placed, payment taken. got the GD65 for £63 the GD80 never seemed to appear at all.

Unfortunately for my colleague BarclayCard blocked his payment believing it to be fraud, order canceled , he's not a happy chappie.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We will.

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

When Im done messing around with it I will either 1 decide to keep it to keep running costs down on every day use or I will decide to sell it. If I do decide to sell it I wouldnt charge any more than I paid for it as thats just not fair... Is that still alright?

Andy

12. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

You gotta love OcUK. ;) I think they'll piss-off a few more customers (ex-customers???) when they email them again to say that the board they think they bought at the promo price and received an email saying the order was processed and is queued in the warehouse.... oh dear, sorry we oversold, no mb for you at the promo price - order cancelled!

13. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

Man my order didn't go through, was on the confirmation page one click away, when I saw the delivery charge was ~£7. There wasn't an option to go back on the ebuyer page, so I had to re-do the order with the saver delivery, but it was out of stock when I reached the confirmation page. Damn thought this was going to be an opportunity for me to upgrade my 4 year old pc, but was never to be

14. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Hmmm, well I'll be keeping an eye on Novatech tomorrow and if I can get a GD80 I'll be selling a GD65 on. Not at a profit though...

15. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

for guys who missed out on the order - don't despair. according to the bit-tech article, the i7 is probably worth going for anyway as it's not that much more expensive but is a lot more punchy.

16. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I've been thinking the same thing, the I7 920 with a gigabyte UD3R board is really not much more expensive and it's faster. It's just the thought of it being discontinued which is worrying.

17. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

It won't be discontinued as socket 1366 will be used for the upcoming i9 :)

18. 00se7en

00se7en Too many computers, too little time

Yeah, if I'd missed out on a GD65 then I would've been highly tempted to go for an i920. Boards aren't that much dearer than P55 launch prices and dropping 8Gb in my P55 board is going to cost more than 6Gb on X58 and will fill all of my slots. Only worry would've been that my future upgrade path would be a pro-workstation CPU prices. Then again, I bought my AB9 pro 965 board 3yrs ago intending to upgrade the CPU and never did, and there's always eBay a few years down the line.

19. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

But when i9 comes in won't it be ridiculously expensive and also the only CPU available for that socket, so if people want to upgrade from their current i7 920, they will need to pay ridiculous amounts of money. Doesn't seem like a very nice tactic from Intel.

20. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I would love to see something like an i7 800 for 1366. A dual core chip with HT. Clock it at 3.6ghz with turbo to say 4.2ghz and your laughing for the budget minded gamer! I think it would be one hell of a good buy especially if it was prices slightly below that of say the i5 750.

Andy

Tags: Add Tags