1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 550ti Faulty Memory?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kanester, 24 Nov 2011.

1. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

Hey guys, About two weeks ago I sold a 550TI on Ebay, It was only put in a computer to install Windows7 then was taken out.

I sold it to someone on ebay, He has come back to me and asked for a refund as the card is faulty, He has told me the memory on the card fails.

I had the card back today to have a look over and I have done a stress test for 45mins using Furmark and it all looks ok, Max temp 75 I don't see any problems or faults. I have also played Skyrim on high settings for 2 hours and no problems there either.

So How do I go about testing the GPU Memory? Any advice?

Cheers.

2. AoE

AoE New Member

em so far my 550ti has been ultra reliable, i couldn't help you on the advice but good luck with the sale, if it plays on your comp surely it cant be faulty?

3. Deders

Deders Well-Known Member

What were the buyers symptoms and what were they doing when they occurred?

4. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

He claims he tryed a game and it crashed after 1 hr, He sells computers on Ebay and has good feedback. He claims to have tryed it in a few of his systems. I just want to make sure his claim is true before I refund him.

5. Deders

Deders Well-Known Member

Which game?

If you want to test it i'd use a game that uses a lot of video memory and heats the card up, Crysis 1 or 2, Shogun Total War, Battlefield 3, Witcher 2 etc

6. sakzzz

sakzzz Member

Maybe he is playing on a larger screen? :confused: