1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 560Ti frozr disapointed to say the least

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 4 Apr 2011.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I run a 955be which I know isn't going to be as fast in 3d 06 as other cpus, I am only comparing like for like not against other more powerful systems.

IE other stock 955's, single 560ti, 4gb 1600mhz ram and win 7.

2. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I posted a top score for my system spec in 2006 and an impressively crap one for vantage with the same settings... so meh

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Seems to me CrapBag that you care more about buying a new card, running a benchmark, and being like "OMG ITS DOUBLE" than how the card really performs?

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Why do you have such a bad attitude!!!

I'm interested in making sure everyhting is running as it should, if someone tells me thats the right score for my setup. then alls well and done.

You just seem to want to rub people up the wrong way in 90% of your posts.

When I see people with the same setup scoring 2000 points more I naturally start thinking I have a problem somewhere.......

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Thanks Hippo for a sensible response, flicking through them now.

I think tomorrow I will overlclock to the max my cpu will go, (around 3.8ghz) and see what results I get then, that will see if I'm in the right ball park amongst the overclocked results then.

Theres a lot around the same score as mine so looks like I'm good to go, just was confused that there were a few people that were running the same cpu at stock and getting 2000 points extra, probably just a discrepancy.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2011
  7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

oh np.. I don't really like 3dmark either (especially the latest one) but it's popular enough

gives you an idea if your running on par or above.. heaven is a good benchmark too- noticed it's a lot more stressful, but there's no standard way to run it or like the orb to compare, kinda useless

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Part of me will always love 3d mark from the days I would thrash my 9800 pro and XP3200 to try and get a few more points on 3dm2k3... was really into benchmarking back then.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Thats the whole point isn't it, it gives you a general idea.

I don't espect to buy a mid range gpu and for my fps to go through the roof, but I do expect it to be around the same as similar systems.

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

He's also right on the money in 90% of his posts. You've been here all day practically panicking, without having tested a game at all. (from what you told us anyways)

Just chill out and give it a try.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh I've really been panicking!!!!!!, just interested in what I should be getting and why be rude for no reason.

Seriously nothing useful to add go look at some other posts.

I have tested some games today but I dont have numbers from anyone elses similar systems to compare too so I can't tell if they are right or not.

Geez just wanted a little help and not a personal attack.

12. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I'm with crapbag, if my shiny new card wasn't performing properly, whether that be in game or on benchmarks, I would be looking for reasons why. Although the futuremark tests are clearly not conclusive

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I have not been rude. I understand you want to buy a new card and want to see a big increase in performance. You need to understand that your own personal benchmarks are important. Not manufactured ones.

I have not personally attacked you.

When I buy a new graphics card, I jump into the games that I play to judge performance. I do not look at arbitrary numbers to decide whether the upgrade was worth it or not.

sleepygamer likes this.
  14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Seemed kinda personal to me and the rude comment was directed at dragon.

Posted just to pick a fight it seems.

I'm just after reassurance thats all.

15. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

You dont have to post you know.

You dont have to get arsey at someone either you know

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i don't see anything wrong with this. this is what people should do, and this is (thank god) the reason Bit-tech doesn't post 3Dmark results.

those posted on ORB are mostly heavily overclocked scores looking for epeen. not what people would run every day. comparing against them is like comparing laptimes of road car against the same car tuned and on slick tyres. :wallbash:

17. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Synth benchmark ( and a 5 year old one at that) with a new card yet a fairly weak cpu compared to many i7 builds on here so id say your scores are about right. nothing to worry about.
    try the games that your 275 struggled with for a start lol

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Again I'm not comparing my scores to any Intel builds just like for like stock clocks.

Anyways I have the 275 back in and running some of the in game benches I have just for kicks and everything is looking as it should.

Like the way you refer to my cpu as fairly weak, yeh its not in I5/I7 league but its also not a bargain basement dual core either, it hasn't seemed to struggle with anything yet as far as I have noticed.

I'll post the results later and then leave this thread to die, didn't realise I was gonna cause such a fuss just asking for some reasurance.

19. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

If they play your games at acceptable frame rates and quality, then the card is fine. I have read time and time again that the 5850 is 'old hat' or 'doesn't cut it anymore'. What tosh! This card is in our lowly HTPC, and plays every single game we throw at it, and they all look great.
    But clever marketing and reviews would suggest otherwise - card is old, which means we must upgrade - even if that upgrade is in the real world no better, and sometimes even worse! There is only a slight difference between performance in games like Civ 5 and Napoleon TW in our HTPC and my main 'all singing' work PC.

My step daughter has an old 7950GT in her PC, and son has a 8800GTX in his - they both still play the games flawlessly. Plus, as most games these days are console ports, powerful GPU's are pretty moot anyway.

I wouldn't worry about benchmarks too much - if you can happily play your games with good frame rates and decent video options, then there isn't really a problem.

IMOHO, of course...

Last edited: 5 Apr 2011
  20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ask why your games run at same speed or slower, sure.

ask why is your benchmark score, a single number, slower than other heavily overclocked systems.......