1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 560TI VS AMD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slackda, 18 Oct 2011.

1. slackda

slackda Is aiming for a Headshot!

So looking at this little beastie for my chrimbo pressie to self.

560TI probs MSI twin FrozerII version,

But to balance out the equation i have been looking at the AMD offerings, namely the 6950.

Is there any other AMD offering i should consider and is the 560 TI Generally considered the best mid range GPU on the Nvidia Market ATM?

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Yes it is the best mid range graphics. Obviously the 6950 offers more VRAM but you can get a 2GB 560Ti here so AMD don't really offer anything at this price point unless you're 3 screen gaming. In which case you need a bigger budget lol

3. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

The 560 TI is a beast and at a great price point you cant go wrong with this card

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Custom PC's recent review has shown that the MSI 560TI twin frozr II OC has had a profile change and as such has become rather noisy.

This confuses me somewhat as I have the original 560TI twin frozr II OC and manually cranking up the fan speed to 100% I don't find it to be all that noisy at all (never seen it go over 65% fan speed gaming anyway) and presuming that the cooler remains the same on the latest twin frozr I would have thought a custom profile using afterburner would bring it under control anyways.

They are now recommending the Gainward Golden Sample 560TI

5. noizdaemon666

Hmmmm I had not heard of this on the MSI card. As you say though just custom define the cooler curve in Afterburner. I would still take the MSI over the Gainward, but that's just down to my personal preference.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's in the latest mag that dropped through the door yesterday, they did a group test on 560TI's.

7. noizdaemon666

I really must start buying CPC again. Not allowed by the forces that be though :( And surely a little thing like that shouldn't overly sway their decision. We are enthusiasts after all, changing a fan speed curve isn't exactly difficult lol