1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other 6 Nations 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by iwog, 5 Feb 2011.

1. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Seeing at there are 40min before the next kick off what are your thoughts on the first 2 matches of this years 6 nations?

Mine are, the England Wales match up was one of the best I've seen for a while, full of drama and excitement and so nearly went the other way.

Ireland Italy again so easily could have gone the other way and should have had it not been for stupid pretty boy O'Gara's golden boot. Ireland did not look convincing at all and Italy now look like a true threat. It's just a shame that the first 40 min weren't that interesting and all the action happened in the last 20.

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

well I watched the England vs Wales match and both sides played pretty poorly tbh really quite sloppy match it was. England should have won by more as well especially looking at how poorly the welsh played, they made so many mistakes and got so lucky to get away with it. The England forwards where good but are backs where really quite poor apart from Ben Foden, and I have no idea what Wales where doing their scrum half was a joke which is one of the most important players in rugby.

Toby Flood kicked well, and Hartley was impressive hooking and in the line outs and England's scrum half played well (was it Danny Care?)

3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

beware of Italy, and man did france look dangerous

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

The England Wales game certainly wasn't that exciting.

Indeed the wales scrum half (mike phillips) had an utter shocker. I think Flood played well because our SH (youngs) did a good job of the basics and gave some great clean ball to the back line. Our centres are the biggest English weakness - Tindall was shocking as always and Hape has to be the most overrated player in international rugby at the minute. Our back three are so lethal but we have such trouble getting the ball to them. If only Tindall could pass!!

I think Ireland may well get the wooden spoon and Scotland will do a lot better than last year, they've a good chance to beat wales. French defence is no good as usual so I don't expect the will go the whole hog.

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I find it really hard not to accidentally start supporting France :). They play some awesome stuff, soooo good to watch.

Last edited: 6 Feb 2011
  6. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

England and Wales had a bad start ofc its worse for Wales but hopefully Halfpenny is back for scotland.. that and I just want Hook to start at 10 with peel at 9 knoyle on the bench then Priestland at fullback bit of an experiment with knoyle possibly playing and priestland at 15 internationally but hes proven he can play there at the scarlets and it will be good for experimenting now rather than world cup time tbh.

7. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

France did very well almost southern hemisphere-ish in the way they played (for the most part).

8. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

England v Italy. Congratulations England, they looked dangerous, convincing and flowing; in parts. Some parts of England's performance left a lot to be desired, but overall it was a lot more convincing. However the slam is a long way off, playing a dis-heartened Italy is very different to playing a confident France.

Scotland v Wales 1st Half, I'm impressed by Wales, controlling, interesting and dangerous. Didn't lose their cool during their stint down to 13. I'm impressed.

9. Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome I go to 11

Lamont today was a stand out player for me, and I say that as a Welsh supporter. Every time he got the ball I started thinking 'Uh-oh, hes gonna run it'. Sure enough he did, and the vast majority of the time he beat the first man, if not the second.