1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage 60gb ssd, what should I do with it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brooksie, 13 Oct 2012.

1. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

Right so I picked up a bargain Kingston 60GB V+200 SSD from ebuyer for £30 the other day. Now I have it I am not sure what to do with it. I want to use it to speed up windows on my desktop. Do you think it's big enough to install Windows and BF3 on?
    If not can I install it as an extra drive and somehow use the speed of it to speed up windows? ie let windows put the swap file on it?

Open to suggestions :D

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

More than enough for an OS with some apps and the odd few games.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I use to have Window's 7 Ultimate 64Bit, all my apps such as Nero etc installed on it and 2 games.

You should be fine with a 60Gb for now.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Should be enough for OS and BF3 and some other apps. I would use it as such. But, you have z68 board so you do have the option to use it as a cache drive too with intel SRT if you would rather go that way.

5. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

This Cheesecake.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

60Gb should see you right - I ran a 64Gb SSD for ages, and just had to be a bit selective about what I had installed at any one time. Enjoy the speed boost!

7. JamesRC

JamesRC Minimodder

An SSD is a fantastic upgrade - I should have picked up this drive for my new media centre but I hesitated, it was such a bargain at £30.

60Gb will be fine for the OS plus a couple of games. BF3 is huge though - you'll likely want a 120Gb or 240Gb drive in the near future!