1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 60GB Xbox 360 unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jul 2008.

1. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

well I was going to buy a 20GB 360 this week, might have to wait now...

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

does this version ship with the new smaller gpu die?

3. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

my understanding was the falcon transition (which these new sku should utilize) reduced the heat to the point that the rrod failure is not an issue for most users.

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

And about time, my mate's having to send his Elite back for a second RMA due to red ring, after having his other ordinary 360 die on him

Anyway: frankly I am not bothered at all about the bigger HDD. HD movies on the 360 don't look as good as Blu Ray and I can rent at that price at Blockbuster anyway. All the other stuff either doesn't take up much room or is tat like demo's that I can delete after a month or so

If MS offered an upgrade HDD for say £25 I might think about it, but I very much doubt they will

5. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

60gb is just not enough! I've nearly filled it on my PS3 and that's not including movies, I have the 120gb elite but hell would freeze over before I can justify spending money on a service that is free for every other system other than mobile phones! Thankfully I can upgrade my PS3's hdd without losing my warranty.

6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Yes .. and the optical drive is not only loud but its the first part to wear out (not fail like the thermal gubbins) leading to increasing loading times... They're quite clever with the 360 load times but I'd still rather run the game from the HDD - I guess they will never allow 'no disc' playing which would be the ultimate conveinience.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

im a pc gamer at heart naek who buys the consoles for the odd game. 250gb on pc is around £32 including vat delivery, I could get a teribite of space on pc for same cost as 120 gb hd/

agree on the no disk playing p3n. 360 load times in places are quiet bad. but that isnt due to lack of hdd instalation thats due to the crappy dvd drive they installed. That sounds like rockets taking off

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

oh god, what is the point?? Why dont they just keep the 20gb model and let you unlock it and upgrade it to any size drive like the ps3. THere is no point bringing a 60gb to the market, consomers are going to get even more confused than they all ready are.

Im now thinking of upgrading my 20gb drive as its filling up with games taking up 600mb a piece. But 120gb drives are far too expensive to make it worthwhile.

Wonder how much they will charge for their propriety 60gb hard drive.

Tags: Add Tags