1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 6800 GS OC 256

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wazuke, 27 Apr 2006.

1. Wazuke

Wazuke What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,
    After the horrible crappy 6600gt i had broke after 3 weeks -.- , i decided to put some more cash into purchasing a new graphics card, and got the BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC 256MB.
    Now, i ran 3dMark 06 and got a score of 1514 (If i can remember correctly), now, my system is :
    AMD 64 3000+
    1.5GB DDR Ram
    BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC 256MB

Can i ask, what sort of FPS should i be expecting for a game like BF2?

Many thanks,

Anthony

2. thestig198

thestig198 Artificially Intelligent

The FPS you get will depend what resolution and settings you play at.

I'm sure your system will be able to play it fairly well. If you search for graphics card reviews that use BF2 as a test then you should be able to get a good idea what you can expect.

3. Wazuke

Wazuke What's a Dremel?

most likely either 1024x768 or 1280 x 1024

4. Wazuke

Wazuke What's a Dremel?

My fps seems to be pretty crap, on World of warcraft... 30 in Molten Core... is this average or is it just crap lol?

5. MovieFreak

MovieFreak What's a Dremel?

Depending on the settings of the game, 30 fps in molten core isn't bad at all! Most mmo's have significantly lower framerates than your standard video game, and lets face it, in molten core you are usually surrounded by a lot of players, which tasks your system.

6. XLGlobetrotterXL

XLGlobetrotterXL Banned

If you are running BF2 on the res above on medium setting you could expect about 30-40 fps...

I would advise you to take the shadows, geomerty details and stuff that will munch out on your fps down to low then you could expect about 50ish. Thats way you can up the res' to get rid of any jaged lines/edges.

If you had a better cpu you would get about 10 more fps :)

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, I got about 5.5K in 3dMark05, with a 6800GS(the XXX(overclocked) version by XFX), 2GB of ram, and an opteron when it was at 2.5Ghz, so if you try running it, you could expect a result within 1k of me I think. If its lower then that, you got problems.

Tags: