1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards 6GB down to 4GB?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by originalmate, 29 Sep 2010.

1. hangten

hangten Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Bumpy-ti-bump-bump. Anyone?

2. N00bbuilder79

N00bbuilder79 What's a Dremel?

What response have you had from Scan?

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

FYI all, I have a similar issue with my Gigabyte UD7 and 1600MHz Corsair Dominator kit. No amount of ram cleaning/frequency changing or stick swapping has fixed the issue (I can run all 6GB in dual channel, just not in triple channel :sigh:) but I've read elsewhere that a slightly bent CPU socket pin is usually the cause. Going to try other things mentioned in this thread too now though!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tbh I think it's LGA1366 CPUs to blame. Ive seen the same complaint from any motherboard brand and any memory brand, the only common factor is Core i7s memory controller...

5. hangten

hangten Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I got a reply today saying that they have dispatched my replacement memory! :)

However, it did take a little exchange of a few emails to convince them that I wasn't trying it on. (I wasn't!). I'm still confused as to where the mix up of the three sticks occurred but looking forward to getting my computer back and at least having the chance of solving my problem.

I was starting to draw the same conclusion until Scan's response about the memory. I'm ready to try again, but I hope there's not a compatibility issue. Since my problems there's been another BIOS update:

P6X58D-E 0405 BIOS
    1. Improve memory compatibility
    2. Improve system stability
    3. Support new CPUs.

Sounds good, but that's what the last one said...