1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 7600gt silent aftermarket heatsink?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bazanaius, 8 Jan 2008.

1. Bazanaius

Bazanaius What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone,

I changed my 6800gt for two 7600gt graphics cards the other day - not necessarily for a performance increase just for the joy of SLI and single slot cooling. Now im looking to get rid of the fans on them. can anyone reccomend an aftermarket fanless heatsink for the 7600gt that I can use? has anyone had any experience with any?

anythoughts would be great,

cheers,

Baz

2. Muffins17

Muffins17 What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 8 Jan 2008
  3. Bazanaius

lol, I know what you're saying about sli... it's mostly bragging rights :) SLI was actually a bit of a spin-off for me, as I'm running three monitors now so my original mission was to get the outputs I needed. I do enable sli for gaming tho, as I have noticed a difference.

That cooler looks great, but it seems massive - does it really take up another pci bracket's space? I have a 1x wifi card in my chassis and so I wouldn't be able to fit that on. The height isn't an issue, its just covering the 1x thats the problem.

Baz

4. Bazanaius

5. Bazanaius

Just thought I'd keep everyone updated - i bought the two I've linked to above. Both came quickly but unfortunately the packaging was damaged on one (ordered from overclockers). i was lucky, because the damage to the packaging was very near the block but didnt seem to have damaged it (although the block's finishing probably could have been better in general).
    fitted them both - v quick and easy
    currently keeping my 7600gts nice and cool and quiet! Had a bit of an issue in that the fan I positioned in my case to blow air over them both (and the northbridge heatsink) was missing one! One bit of kelloggs box later... happy days.
    highly reccommended.
    Baz

Tags: