1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 8800Gt Cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jaguar_Infinity, 11 Apr 2008.

1. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

I have a XFX 8800GT 256mb card. It has XFX's bigger fan and initially is quiet on boot but after a while it still gets a little noisy. Are there any good effective cooling solutions for this card that will cool it as well or better but with less noise? I can't find any decent coolers compatible with the 8800GT card that seems to be any good.

Stuart

2. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

you can use an one of the many oc tools out there to lower the fan speed if its too noisy for you, just realize your card will get hotter

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thermalright HR-03 GT with a good quality 92mm fan. Nothing better.

4. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Mankz has a decent suggestion, but I'd actually go for an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1, rev 2 (has to be R2, as the original isn't compatible). It actually stands a chance of keeping an 8800gt cool with no fan at all, but if you like you can also grab their Turbo Module or the 120mm fan of your choice. The build quality isn't as good as the HR-03, but it's cheaper and the cooling is equal or better.

5. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

How about a HR-03 with a 120mm fan?

Tags: