1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory 8GB DDR3 Non-ECC Sticks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PaulRincon, 12 Mar 2011.

1. PaulRincon

PaulRincon New Member

I am desperate to build a I7 2600K system for virtualisation and I want to max out the RAM to the full 32GB but I can't seem to find suitable RAM on the market. It's a bit annoying that we are limited to 4 slots on the boards, unlike the previous I7 boards that had up to 6.

Can anyone kindly advise? I'm after lots of speed and lots of memory because I will be running a lot of VMs.

I am not worries too much about the budget so if someone can suggest a good alternative then that would be great.

Feel free to mail me some links if possible: paul.rincon@theitprofessionals.co.uk

Cheers!

2. murraynt

murraynt Well-Known Member

If you going down the route of virtilisation mad look at socket 1336 or wait it out for it's replacement socket 2011.

You aren't put in 32gb yet because 8gb sticks aren't available ATM.

Also it's best off to take down you email as you will get all sorts of spam.

3. PaulRincon

PaulRincon New Member

Hi Murayynt, thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look at that. Would you have any idea how long it might be before the 8GB sticks come out?

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I thought most boards had had a 16gb memory limit across all 4 slots, tho I'm pretty certain I saw 8gb sticks available.

EDIT:Found some here and here

5. murraynt

murraynt Well-Known Member

Didn't see them.
    Altough I know my board in sig can take up to 32GB

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

A workstation board might be more called for, with more RAM slots. I'm building a quad socket F system because of these issues.

Tags: