1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 9800GX2. Able to use 'half' the card?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Interloper, 18 Nov 2010.

1. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I like the way very few other options were explored other than 'shove it in the oven', I really hope it works!

2. Reitau

Reitau WizD Rawks

I guess most people would have no idea how to fix the card even if it were possible to locate the issue on the PCB. Plus there is a large amount of people on the web who have cooked thier cards and succesfully fixed the 8800 or the 9800GX2 which uses the same core components.

Alex.

3. alleyne

alleyne What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  4. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

hmm... I think his girlfriend caugh him in the act and he's now dead?... oh well

5. Interloper

Interloper Faux Pro Modder

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nah, but seriously...

Wait for it.......

Not Quite.........

NOW!!!

BAM! Back in action baby! Chalk up another one in the 'WIN' category :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap:

I ran a preliminary test on it and no strange blue lines across the screen during POST. I found some old thermal paste in one of my boxes, not the greatest stuff and I'm not even sure where it came from, but the card showed now signs being fried anymore!

So now I am going full speed ahead with my mod for the card. (of course I'll have to make a thread here.) I am still using my old card for now, just until I can get my hands on the various heatsinks I will need. And of course a high quality thermal paste.

With that said, anyone know of a/any manufacturer/s over here in the states that sell quality heatsinks? I've got some lined up but a price comparison never hurt anyone.

*EDIT*
    As a side note, the SLI bridge ribbon cables between the cards are very short. Does anyone know if such cables are available in a longer size??? If they are, then oh baby, the mod could be even greater. They look like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Dec 2010
  6. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Congrats dude :D Glad it did the job