1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ___The "MOD MEN" PC___is FINISHED!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 3 Feb 2011.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

LMAO :D nearly spat my coffee at my monitor a few times there :D, awesome review of the lanboy air, very entertaining :clap::thumb:.

Already do the trick with warming up a can but it's an essential tip for those that didn't know :).

And wow the end result of the modmen case is bloody fantastic, incredibly great job Bill, Cheaps, Randy, Brad & was an awesome 1st season & hope you do a 2nd, 3rd, 4th & so on :D:thumb:.
    +rep for Bill & cheaps :thumb:.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2011
  2. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Awww it's over :( was a blast watching and following the build and mini segments develop. The end result is awesome guys! job well done... roll on season 2 :)

3. D-Mon Taurus

D-Mon Taurus What's a Dremel?

This is one kick ass build, it is freaking gorgeous. Just not sure about the yellow mushkins

And what a laugh. Didn't know you still playing with a little cute fluffy rodent :hehe: Is that why you only play at night?

Job well done lads :clap:. It sure shows your mod capabilities. Wish i had some of those talents.

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Superb! Render perfect :thumb: :D

5. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

watch it again ;) there a few :p

6. Anubus

Anubus Minimodder

Amazing. This is why I owned a cnc mill.
    :jawdrop:

7. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

ummm....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: + Multi- :D Damn awesome ride w/free tickets. Great show and build. Nice way too shake things up with those vids, this one's going to get a few more late night re-runs too! You guys:rock:.....thanks :thumb:

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Brilliant work guys. All the details, structure, shapes, colors - all works together perfectly.
    I like the idea of "non-right" angles in it - it makes it look so unconventional and unique at the same time. Great job guys!

9. Marcos_Viegas

Marcos_Viegas Minimodder

I did not say i missed the tips, i said we wanted more practical tips, like the ones he showed us. ;)

Thats tips help a lot the new casemoders. :D

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

You guys have been our #1 Supporters! and we Thank you!

I've always preached that our hobby will grow if more people would learn of it's existence. This was the main reason why I did the Mod Men series, to make modding more accessible to mainstream audience. So far only a handful of the sixty PC hardware related websites we've approached outside of bit-tech have mentioned the series. We're not expecting viewers to run out and void their warranties, but thought more people would find what we're doing interesting.

Is the "Mod Men" series too Geeky for Mainstream PC Users?

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Perhaps it's too Geeky but that's what I like with it so don't change it :D Perhaps a little bit longer episodes I feel the abstinence coming on before it have ended :p
    And now it's finished how will I be able to get my fix now? Looking forward for your new season :D

12. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

awesome work, love it a lot!

13. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I say no. It's not too geeky by a long shot. Custom painting a mouse and reviewing the lanboy in a funny way is really good for mainstream IMO.
    By showing people the simple ways to mod, you get their attention. Then adding the cherry on top with more complicated stuff will spark interest I think.

I agree with Dragonite though. The episodes might be a bit on the long side. Cut them to
    3-3½ minutes and make people want more! :thumb:

14. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

I don't think its too geeky. Before seeing one of Bills mods I was just another PC "user" (the kind that bought a computer from big blue :sigh:). I agree with Angel, use "bright and shiny" to get people interested and tutorials to get them to do it themselves.

I actually think the episodes are fine the length they are (maybe even a bit longer?), I feel like If you cut it down it would feel too rushed. IMO

15. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Roboduck <- On the other hand, shorter episodes would mean more episodes! ;)

16. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Good point! :p

17. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Screw Mushkin - I want a ModMen shirt! And bedlinen. Oh well....

Congrats on finishing the mod - looks like an art decor test bench that would fit right into the 50s.

I was going to suggest putting viewer's mods into the coming series, but someone beat me to it... (Hi Angel and Bill!). I guess I just want you to continue doing the series like you started off and never stop doing them ever again.

18. Dragonite

Dragonite Minimodder

Well about 20 min I think is a good length for this kind of show :D Also I would like to see some scrach building that you don't need a CNC for since most people doesn't have access to that :( Or some more extensive stock chassi modding with some more tips on how to use a dremel pehaps :D

Hope the show will go on since you haven't had any fat ladies sing yet so it can't be over yet :p

19. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Maybe - but I'm going to Copenhagen Games (big eGames event here in Denmark in April) to do some modding classes and I'll be advertising for the show AND play the episodes in the LCD of my Logitech G19. ;)

I can only incourage all other modders out there to do the same - only way to spark the interest of the ones not in the know.

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Nutman <- There has been no talk of my Wii going in the series! :) And BTW. Why was I not informed that there was a display called Copenhagen Games? Nobody tells me anything! :lol:

Dragonite <- +1 about the Dremel! I can't use that thing to save my life! :lol: I have insane respect for people who can do almost the same with a Dremel that I can do on a cnc! :)