1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News A closer look at "Bully"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 9 Oct 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. EK-MDi

EK-MDi New Member

I don't mean to be rude, but is it really that hard to set up a link properly?
    One in every three news articles initially don't have a proper link. :hehe:

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Sounds rather promising actually - horray!

Wasn't the name changed though?

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Actually, as I understand it, none of them do, intitially. The story gets posted, with the link to the forum, then someone has to go over and create the discussion thread and go back and change the link in the story, all of which takes time.

Be patient little one, all will fall into order with time.

5. Swafeman

Swafeman Active Member

why not make a thread, a second before you post the news article and paste in the url then? ok the threads gonna be made, then pasting... uploading the final article, so say the threads live for a minute before the news story , so what? isnt that an easier way to do it

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

on topic:

the game has gone soft.... but i will play it anyway...... i wonder.... imagine that someone does a gore+blood+violence+sex mod and then...... ta ta ta tannnnnnnn.... JACK TOMPSON TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!

7. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

What a bunch of Re re's. I love how a game doesnt even have to be played or even released for these Jack Thompson super squad followers to blindly ban and badmouth a game that they know nothing about.

Why they dont accept the simple proven FACTs that video game violence has never been a proven source of teen violence is beyond me. I suppose blaming everyone else instead of your crap parenting is easier.

8. exavier412

exavier412 New Member

to be honest, the only thing i really miss after switching to a mac (PPC mac, not intel) is not being able to play rockstar's games..... always entertaining, and never really get old.

9. Aankhen

Aankhen New Member

I already love this game. :D

Regarding the link thing... wouldn't it be possible to automate the link creation? Apparently there is a way to interact with vBulletin programmatically (the thread is relevant, even if the first post doesn't have the answer). :) That way, bit-tech's CMS could be to set up to automate the forum thread creation and linking.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2006
  10. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

We're working on the link thing, I got called away from my desk and thought you guys would rather have the news to discuss than wait for me to come back for a forum post. :) Thanks, though!

11. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I would not be surprised if Rockstar modified the game after such stern criticism.

Remember when you could unlock the sex games in GTA San Andreas, and they said hackers had modified the code...yeah yeah...right. It was there all along, just hidden

I'm sure the violence is in there it's just waiting to be unlocked.... :D

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This may be a very good game, if it comes out like this is may help people to gain confidence.

Tags: Add Tags