1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks a decent gaming 14" laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mriggy, 10 May 2010.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The only 14inch powerful gaming GPU other than the Sony one you found. Is the Dell Latitude E6410. It features an Nvidia Quadro NVS 3100M with 512MB of memory, with a Core i5/i7 option.

This GPU is equivalent to a Geforce 310M. So yes, it's a slower GPU. But what you get is a minimum warranty of 3 years (you cant' have less, so it shows that Dell is confident in the quality of this system), and in Canada they even trow Next Business Day on site service (which I tried and is excellent), where a contracted company by Dell, comes over and replace any needed hardware, at the time you want (during business hours but can go over a few hours no problem), and at the day you want (starting the next business day). Also, Dell small business tech support is local to your country during office hours (well in Canada anyways, but should be the same) .
    So you sacrifice GPU power, for service in this particular laptop (oh and the screen is matte, so that you can focus on your work, and reduce screen brightness (no need to jack up the brightness to compensate for the reflection)).

Remember that you can negotiate with Dell on the price and free upgrades over the phone (free shipping is a direct given when you call to order).

So, there now you have 2 laptops that I think are very interesting: the Sony one and the Dell Latitude E6410.

If you wonder, I have the older model E6400 (Core 2 Duo, and much lower GPU (the Quadro NVS 160M which I overclock pretty high before I game on it), and I like a lot the laptop. I even dropped it by accident on a carpet (but cement under it0, and my laptop is fine, no scratch (carpet I guess protected form that), and no dents.

2. shmike_e

shmike_e What's a Dremel?

Hey man check the new acer 4741g

Hey man about a week ago I got the new acer 4741g with a 14inch led lcd, i5 processor 430m, 500gb hd, 4gb ddr3 (upgraded from 2) :thumb: and the nvidia geforce gt330m cuda with 1gb dedicated for 28000baht in Thailand which is around 900us, it's really impressive and especially for the price. Good luck with your search. :thumb:

3. ccqccnd

ccqccnd What's a Dremel?

Graphics with DELL Latitude E6410

Hi GoodBytes I have a few questions for you about the DELL Latitude E6410.
    Are you available for a quick chat.
    Are you still a fan or still confortable with it?

Cheers