1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 A different perspective of PS3 ??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 5hadow, 14 Dec 2008.

1. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

enjoyable read. i didn't feel sorry for sony in the slightest though -- seems just like the kind of trick they'd attempt to pull themselves, tbh.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The problem is though, they're just looking at individual unit sales for the Wii. It's widely known that most people who buy the Wii, buy the Wii and not much else, that's not how consoles make money, they make money through sales of accessories and through licensing fees on games. If they're not selling a lot of games, they're not making a lot of money. They've sold just under double the number of 360s and just over double the number of PS3s, but I really doubt they're making double the money MS and Sony are. MS has a lot more game sales compared to both (at least they did last year) and Sony have made money in other ways from the PS3 (such as increased BR sales).

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

It seems semi-plausible, using it to lever an advantage in ye' ol' format war, but the financial loss it caused them must be enormous, and I wonder whether Sony will make risk another flop like the PS3.

Saying that though, I have a PC and a BlueRay player, so both the advantages of the PS3 are moot. :/