1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A few questions for a new rig

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mambro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. Mambro

Mambro New Member

Hello everyone

I am new to posting on the bit tech forums so a big hello to everyone! :clap:

I have been spending a lot of time looking at some of the amazing mods on the forums as I am about to emark on a new build and I have been looking for ideas and inspiration.

I have always built my own rigs and had some experience of watercooling but this time around I am looking to build myself something special. Hopfully in the comming weeks I can start to post a project log.

While I am gather the much needed $$$ I was hoping to ask for some help from you good folks.

First of all could someone recommend me good technical drawing software. I would like to sketch up some designs and I would like to know what people are using. I have tried trial versions of autocad and the autodesk beta which are great but I find its always good to ask those in the know!

Secondly, I am planning a hard tube build using copper tubing for no reason other than I think it looks AMAZING! I have ordered a few connections for trial fittings but from research on the interwebs I see most are using the Bitspower SLI C47 connections or Koolance who do hard pipe fittings. I would like to ask if anyone has had experience of either and could maybe provide some feedback as to how secure a fitting these provide?

Thanks for your help in advance

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

A majority of the people here use Google Sketchup. It's quite basic and simple to use.

For fittings I would only recommend ever using Bitspower.

3. Briaireous

Briaireous New Member

as talladega mentioned Google Sketchup is very simple and easy to use. It's what I've started using and its my first attempt at 3D modelling

There is also a great website you can use that has tons of premade objects for google sketchup located here: repository for SketchUp components which makes life alot easier when you want to modify existing items and for general case mock up to make sure you have enough space

4. Mambro

Mambro New Member

Thanks for your help guys.

I will have a go at google sketch up tonight

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

This is a very nice approach if you do not have any experience with modeling software. I've used 3DS, Maya and Lightwave a lot, and truly SU is the simplest soft for your purpose.

6. Mambro

Mambro New Member

I have had a wee play with Sketchup and so far im really liking it. Super simple to use.

Thanks for the info guys. Now onwards with the designing!

Tags: