1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A HTPC for £100? Pictures! - 02/02/2012

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mojo, 24 Jan 2012.

1. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

What a result. That is a nice looking job. What OS do you plan on using?
    I did a similar thing for my Dad a while ago, I'm toying with the idea of doing one for me with an old P4 I have in the loft, trouble is finding a case that I like and that the Interior Designer signs off on as well. What are all the buttons on the front for?

2. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I plan on using windows 7 (for pure compatibility and ease)
    with a copy of xbmc (it looks pretty and im a style whore :p)

Not entirely sure what all the buttons are for tbh...
    but It looks like.. (from the left Music, Internet, TV video, and pictures. Then theres hdd led, power led, reset button and finally power button :)

:D
    Its not all over yet folks.. it's got to have some modding in it somewhere :naughty:

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thats one sexy looking setup and in the future the kind of thing I am after. Lets hope that they keep making that case for when I need one xD

My main rig is my media centre right now lol

4. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I'd imagine they would keep making it..

thanks for the kind comments guys!

i need to get my hands on some cheap modders mesh!!
    about half a metre square...
    Any ideas??

5. Thebluevoice

Thebluevoice What's a Dremel?

Hey Shuttlemodder, just wondering, did the new fan in the psu make much difference noise wise?

I've got one of these cases and the psu fan is very loud!

Thanks!

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice job; especially at such a cheap price! I bought one of Novatech's bigger media centre cases a while ago, and found it a complete pig to work with - doesn't look like this one is any better! But, this one does look far sleeker and smaller... Is that remote "Microsoft Standard"/eHome-compliant? Not that it's much of a worry, as I bought a copy of Intelliremote a while ago.

Think it may be time to look at a proper media centre again...

...For exactly this reason! The PC is in the lounge at the moment, but that won't be the case when we move out later this year.

7. Bossworld

Bossworld What's a Dremel?

Hi,

If you're still using this forum (i've just found my own 4 year old unused account!) can I ask a couple of questions.

You look to have the same Asus Bravo 220GT silent as me in your pics. In my last build, I found that there was a problem with overheating. My motherboard is the opposite to yours, in that the tuner card has to go before the graphics card. What I found was that watching videos etc was fine, but if you were watching TV via the tuner card, it was heating the back of the graphics card (which was silently cooled anyway) and causing it to overheat.

Secondly, has that new PSU fan made a major noise difference?

Finally, the Novatech has no ventilation holes in the top or sides. have you made any?

Cheers