1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A levels

Discussion in 'General' started by profqwerty, 9 May 2007.

1. profqwerty

profqwerty New Member

So...Is anyone on BT doing A-levels this term?

And what uni's are there (hopefully:)?

I'm doing DT, physics, chemistry, maths, Electronics, hoping for Bristol Mechanical Engineering.

So far it's just been one pastpaper after another..but i guess it'll go away soon!
    Here we do A2 +AS at the same time, so it's like 2 solid months of exams.

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, I've got a single(chemistry) higher coming up. Doesn't really feel like much of a big deal though, when you've only got one you can totaly overkill the revision and ensure a decent grade fairly easily. So long as you're prepared to spend hours and hours being bored.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i am fairly sure that there is a direct linear relationship between your distance in days from completing your degree and your motivation to do well.

less than 5 days to go in my degree and i just do not care any more...

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Only AS' here. Pure maths and science.

EDIT: Are they going to open up the exams forum again soon? My first in on Monday.

5. Been

Been New Member

what uni's are there? well i'm going to be a music student of Northumbria next year.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Highers start on Friday, so it should be open now tbh.

7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Got my AS exams soon, first one is a week on monday.

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Doing A2 further maths, physics and chemistry this year (thankfully I got my A2 maths last year, don't think I can cope with any more exams this year). I'm getting raped in the further maths past papers, it's not even funny. Even worse: I need a friggin' A in it too, stupid offer had to specifically mention further maths didn't it grr...

Uni wise, hopefully I'm heading over to Cambridge next year to do physical natsci.

9. jeff127

jeff127 New Member

I've got my AS exams coming up with physics practical a week today.

Dragontail how did you find C3 when you were doing it? I'm taking maths and further maths but already dont like C3.

Jeff.

10. identikit

identikit Active Member

What school in Reading is this? I went to Reading School then Reading college. Seems like a lifetime ago. Memories.

Good luck with exams everybody!

11. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I got Maths (pure& applied), chem, phys and electronics A2s coming up, hoping to do either Electronics engineering at Southampton or Aerospace engineering at Bristol (I still cant decide :( )

Moriquendi

12. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

QFT

My final exams (sortof equal to A levels) are next week and run for three weeks and I can't bring myself to study for them. It's just so dull and boring. The important exams for me are Maths Physics and Chemistry and it's killing my brain, but not in the intelectually stimulating sense. Stupid me, chose a university where I will need maths and physics. I plan to study electronics next year but unfortunately they require a diploma...

Better get studying then.

13. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

AS exams starting in about three weeks - Computing, French, Biology & Latin. :duh:

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Ouch, that totally sucks.
    Biology is easy though..

15. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I have 27 exams this time around: triple maths, physics, chemistry and electronics. I did about half of the maths last year, and the electronics AS, otherwise they're all this year.

Moriquendi: Electronics at Southampton! wooo!

16. Moriquendi

Yeah it looked like a really nice place and chose it in a flash if it wernt for Bristol offering me £2500 a year to go there, its a nice problem to have in some ways but that dosnt make it any easier to decide.

27 exams ... ouch, youre doing applied as well as stats I take it?

Moriquendi

17. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Hahaha, Bristol have achieved what they wanted to then... Makes you wonder though, do they save £2500 because you're that much easier to teach? Leeds were offering anyone with three A grades £1500 a year - crazyness...

Southampton's department for electronics is SO impressive though. I didn't see the other stuff at Bristol, just electronics.

Yeah, I'm doing Mechanics 3, 4 and 5, Decision 1 and 2, Further Pure 1, 2 and 3 and Stats 3 and 4; I've done the others already.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I've got 5 horrible exams that I'm pretty much guaranteed to fail, can't be assed with a degree anymore, I just want a break from being taught as a profession.

19. Moriquendi

Its not because im that much cheaper to teach but because ill be good for the uni. Southampton will give me 2000 per year if i get three As. I think they do it when theyre trying to improve the department, whatever the reason its good for me.

I find that amount of maths scary when its not directly connected to something real, best of luck.

Moriquendi

20. woof82

woof82 New Member

Yay! Prelims!

/cries.