1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding A mod or a project?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jhanlon303, 14 Feb 2011.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Is it a candidate for modding forum or project logs when one is modding a case to a theme but with no real hardware goals in mind.

Lighting, airbrushing, engraving, CNC, etc.

Like my Notalis case from Bill and E.E.L Ambiense. No hardware, just a case mod.

john

2. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Definitely, the hardware doesn't (or shouldn't) make or break a mod. So I'd say there is 0 need for hardware to be involved at all. I just usually is as people like to use the mods they work so hard on.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

It's still a project, and the case is the more interesting part anyways. The hardware you stuff into it later on is rather irrelevant imho and is subject to being changed once in a while, whereas the case itself stays basically the same over the whole time.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

GwassGween went a full year without hardware. There's still nothing but cooling parts.:D

If you're building a computer case mod, why is the hardware needed to qualify as a log?

5. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Deffo hardware irrelivant in many cases

My Monster2 build was actually only meant to be a case build only, was only by pressure from freinds to stick some hardware into it.

Was more than happy using Monster1 pc, afterall i only really use forums and msn.

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Cast your mind back a few years John, it was all about the mod and the hardware was usually low spec and just in there to qualify it as a PC not a pretty box. Things have changed now with watercooling and high end gear all being part of the over all build. I will admit that seeing a project fully up and running does it for me, but thats just me wanting to see the finished article in all it's splendor.