1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about Gamestation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by K, 7 Dec 2007.

1. K

K 528491

A mate of mine wants to know if Gamestation log the serial number of a console during the transaction at the point of purchase. ie. Is it on the original receipt?

Thanks for any help guys.

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Out of curiosity, why does your 'friend' want to know?

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I know Game don't, or didn't a year ago. Not sure that helps though.

4. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Doubt it, they'd have to do it manually as bar code wouldn't have that info. But your mates console would have to be the same SKU as the one on your receipt i guess.

5. K

K 528491

Well usually a Serial on a product like a console will have it's own barcode that you scan after scanning in the UPC.

My mate's got a red-ringed second-hand 360 with no receipt, but reckons it's originally from Gamestation anyways. Basically he was gonna use a mate's receipt to just swap it out at Gamestation instead of going through the ordeal of sending it back through Microsoft. This is where I chimed in and went 'Hey, we always scan serials of stuff at my place so you can't do stuff like this', so I was just interested in finding out.

Someone else I know did this with one receipt no less than around 4 times at Game, for 4 seperate consoles.

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I'm on my third console from Game which is how I know they don't really check.

7. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I work at Gamestation so I can tell you that they don't (At least my shop doesn't). The UPC is scanned, nothing else. You'll be fine unless you try return a core with an elite receipt :p

8. K

K 528491

I also reminded the guy not to try it with a machine with a newer manufacturer's date than when the original one was bought!

Cheers for the info guys, especially the confirmation Cabe64.