1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress A Simple Case of Cu Al ( not sponsored )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teelzebub, 15 May 2015.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Right time to get this thread back on track

So some bits arrived today some 2" and 3/4" round aluminium bar Not entirely sure if I'll be using the 3/4 yet ?

Here's a couple of pic's I'm going to have to bond the copper into the aluminium welding or brazing / soldering is not practical with copper and aluminium, so I'll be using a two part bonding agent for it this stuff is supposed to be extremely strong.

I sure hope so as I'm going to be milling the face sides of the case and wouldn't want the copper to fly out :eeek: lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 May 2015
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Cutout: I saw that thing fight Ultraman once.
    You aren't planning to cut both materials at once, are you? -Oh, right... You have a grown-up mill.

3. Teelzebub

Yup I'm planning to level and clean up the sides with a fly-cutter hence why it has to be bonded together strong

4. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Hopefully that copper piece is bigger on the underside of the hole. If your epoxy breaks loose it will be held captive by the aluminum.

5. Teelzebub

I've been told by the manufacturer that it will be strong enough and a permanent bond