1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling A8R32 chipset block

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sherk, 27 Mar 2006.

1. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

I bought a Maze4 chipset block, intending it to go on an A8R32, but it physically doesn't fit. Are the holes the same placement/distance as the A8N? If so I can try and get a replacement Lucite Top off DD. Thanks for the help guys, as always. :D

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

No, they're not.

I'm still searching for a block that fits that chipset, as I have the Sapphire RX480 and I want to cool mine off. It's smaller than a nForce chiipset, or a Via chipset, and I don't know of a block available in the US that could do it except MAYBE Koolance.

Heard maybe AC has it, but I have no access to them, so that's a no go.

3. Sherk

Sherk What's a Dremel?

If anyone is looking for a block, the A8N top for the Maze 4 chipset block will work with the A8R32 board, with some modification. I purchased it on a hunch, and I received it today. It wouldn't fit in the normal orientation, so I had the idea of turning the top over on the waterblock... and that led to a fit. A tight fit, but the capacitors aren't pushed or anything, so it works. It's sitting at an angle... but it works. All that needs to be done is rounding out the threads a little bit on the new "top" so that the o-rings sit down a little better. You probably don't even have to do that, but I'm doing so for comfort... :dremel:

Tags: