1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling AC gear has arrived! :: my new aquacomputer WC rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squeck, 22 Jun 2005.

1. squeck

squeck Lurker

The last few days have been a little warm to say the least and i've been having yet more temp problems with my damn Prescott P4 :wallbash: (random restarts etc.)

So I've just placed an order for a full Aqua Computer watercooling setup for the PC in my sig, and knowing how much people on bit-tech like AC gear i thought i'd just share with you all what i've bought :D

For the CPU block i have the Cuplex XT:

[​IMG]

Then the Twinplex Chipset block:

[​IMG]

The Aquagratix FX 6600 GPU block:

[​IMG]

This will be cooled with the Evo 360 radiator which will be holding 3 x 120mm Papst silent fans:

[​IMG]

And the reservoir and pump will all be nicely hidden away with AC's Aquabay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to the guys at leftclicks.co.uk for all the help they gave me making sure i had all of the right connectors and stuff... :thumb:

Grand Total is just under £500 :eeek:

I'll post some more pics once i've got it all installed :D

Last edited: 1 Mar 2007
  2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

slobber. AC stuff is very nice!

I've been wanting to wc for a bit and if I were ever to get my ar*e out of neutral, AC stuff is what I'd get. It just looks the bees knees. That CPU block just looks sooo.. nice!

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

£500?! :jawdrop: Even for AC that seems expensive.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Look at the size of that rad... if you had heat problems before, that definitely will take care of that! :thumb:

6. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

would you guys recomend AC over DD stuff then??

7. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

depends on what you are looking for. AC is mainly small diameter tubing and DD for larger tubing. Personally I use a 1/2" tubing so i go for DD and a Dtek WW. AC is really nice equipment tho.

8. jjsyht

jjsyht Hello, my name is yuri

.. and if they used 1/2"? Still DD?

9. Nexxo

Moot point, as they don't. Personally I like the engineering and look of AC stuff, but DD makes pretty good stuff too. It's all a bit six-of-one, half-a-dozen-of-the-other.

10. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

sry for the thread hyjack//

yah i would recomended DD. It really depends on your preference and budget. I really like my Dtek WW but if i had the money i would buy a G4/5 waterblock. I have falled to mention Swiftech who also make great blocks.

on topic... hurry up i want to see it in the case :D

11. squeck

squeck Lurker

hehe, unfortunately i have the coolermaster cavalier case :sigh: which some of you may have seen pics of - it has the no tool fixings which means slidey beige plastic inside rather than smooth metal :waah: i'm sure that AC gear will look pretty nice when it arrives (fri), but when in my case - sudden non coolness :grr: hopefully when i get more money again (blown all my money on AC gear) i'll get a new case :D

the kit started as £250 then £350 then it turned out as £500 not sure what happened! :duh:

as far as DD vs AC gear - not much difference as far as performace goes (i think) but imho AC gear looks quite shiny and has smaller diameter tubing so the case should look less cluttered :naughty:

and yeah nexxo i don't think i'll be having any temp probs any more ;) i've bought the external mounts for the rad so it'll be mounted on top of my case, hopefully i should be able to turn off at least one of the fans overnight so it shouldn't disturb my sleep ;)

12. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

For that money I could get a phase change unit here in the states. The AC stuff tho looks realy nice, I just prefer my large tubing and high flow rates over looks, and not to mention price.

13. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I think I have about $1500 USD in my AC system, but those Silver blocks are a bit pricey. :naughty:

14. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

What componants do you run in your loop TN? I'd also like to see a pic or two if you have any.

15. squeck

squeck Lurker

well i was thinking about a phase change system and tbh a vapochill sysem would only have cost about £20 more but as i said i was only planning on spending £250 - £300 to start with :duh: (also i was a bit afraid of getting the phase change system wrong...).

i prob won't overclock my system much (which is what i would have done with a phase change setup) the main reason for me buying all the equipment is system stability - i've had quite a few temp problems with this prescott processor :grr:

it should all be delivered tomorrow - can't wait! :D

16. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

My little bore system should be worth around 250 EUR. My collected stuff on the other hand... :eyebrow:

17. squeck

squeck Lurker

Well it all arrived this morning so here it is:

[​IMG]

here's the 3 waterblocks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the radiator with the 3 papst fans and the grille :D

[​IMG]

just starting to put it all together so i'll post a few more pics later :dremel:

18. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

that's just disgustingly sick. i hate you. just kidding, i WISH i had all that gear.

19. Nexxo

OK, stop!

[​IMG]

This watercooling gear has been rated Too Juicy for general audience viewing.

20. MegadetHCl

MegadetHCl What's a Dremel?

One thing I always keep wondering is why so few people use dust filters on their rads? Yes, it looks very pretty now and cools great, but unless your computer resides in a meticulously maintained clean room, after 6 months the performance will suffer greatly.

Tags: