1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Account impersonating my wife on YouTube

Discussion in 'General' started by silk186, 17 Aug 2020.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

One of my wife's followers reported a YouTube account which impersonates her and reuploads her content from another platform. It uses her account name, profile picture and has so far uploaded 32 videos. My wife doesn't have a channel on YouTube. Is the process of getting this channel taken down difficult or long? The account is one day old and only has 867 views and 58 followers so far but I still want it removed.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2020
  2. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Go through the copyright process explained here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en-GB

The process is very simple on the surface, copy paste the links to the stolen videos into the form and add your personal info, hit submit, videos gone.

However if the criminal should decide to fight back you might end up having to take "proper" legal action with lawyers, courts etc in order to actually keep them down.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

Thanks for the link.

The content is taken from Chinese Tiktok so I can't send a link to the original content. Though it is her profile picture and she is in every video. The surprising thing is that they manage to upload her content without a watermark.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2020
  4. silk186

silk186 Derp

Ok, I finally got my wife's creds to log into her account and file copyright against 7 videos, the most I can do in a day. The claim has been submitted and they say they will contact her if they need more information.
    Is it possible to track these claims?

5. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

You basically just sit back and wait two weeks after filing the claim, if nothing happens in that time the videos are gone for good.
    You would get an email from youtube to the contact you provided if there is any counter claim.

No idea about tracking the case directly.

6. silk186

silk186 Derp

Youtube replied within 48 hours and asked for proof the account is hers. I'm thinking the easiest proof is recording a video of her.
    I haven't figured out how to track claims or strikes.