1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Acer buyout would be 'welcome,' says founder

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Aug 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

haha no wonder they're doing so bad. When the founder is basically publicly stating "yeah I don't care about the company or my employees" you can't expect the overall company morale is that great. I've personally never liked Acer. Their quality was probably very slightly better than Dell's, but Dell has a lot more products to offer. That being said, there is nothing that Acer or it's child companies (eMachines or Gateway) offer that anybody would be seriously interested in. If all 3 of those companies just disappeared, the remaining OEMs would probably stabilize financially.

3. pizzanbeer

pizzanbeer What's a Dremel?

Acer customer support worst ever.. Bought a high spec laptop key ping off .. 4 months no laptop excuses excuses..5 months refund full..I will never ever ever ever in my life buy anything related to that non customer caring corperation........

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I suppose its no wonder their G-Sync, 144Hz, IPS monitors were of such awful quality. Given the dire straits they find themselves in, they were more concerned with shipping units to sell, than shipping units that worked properly.