1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Acer D250 Fault?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Gunter, 13 Apr 2010.

1. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

Well guys, I need help with this aspire one netbook, I don´t know exactly what´s happening, but shortly is this, my friend told me that it was working and suddently it crashed, ok, then he tried to boot but the machine only turn the cooler on, the power and battery light´s show up, like 4 seconds the cooler stops, but the machine keep getting warm, so I tried this things:

1 Remove and Clean memory. (nothing)
    2 Change memory. (nothing)
    3 Change HD. (nothing)
    4 The Fn+Esc + bios in a pendrive, trying to acess acer crisis flash (nothing)

Somebody has a clue?

2. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Do netbooks have a changeable cpu? Processor may have cooked itself at some point? Also is battery fully charged or charging properly?

3. johnmalc

johnmalc That shouldn't happen....

4. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

Well about this question the cpu is weld to the mb, the baterry charges properly and it´s full.

Yes I renamed to the acer file name in the .fd file, but nothing.
    Today I just give up and declare a dead mb. Thanks for the retrieving but there are some problems that we can solve buying an eee.

5. XP1

XP1 XP1

I also tried this http://macles.blogspot.com/p/crisis.html, but it did not work.

I then removed the RAM and cleaned the pins with an eraser.
    It works now!

I think in order to use the BIOS recovery function, you need to have functional RAM. Double check your other hardware components if the BIOS recovery function does not work.

My older post from another forum thread:
    Those instructions pertain mostly to the AOD110 and AOD150 models. Acer support says those instructions will not work on other models, such as the AOD250 in my case.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Jun 2010