1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Acer spills Windows 7 release date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 May 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Hey Tim, would it be possible for BT to benchmark a netbook, running XP vs W7 RC and if possible a Linux Distro?

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Vista + netbook norm fails (unless it has alot of ram) windows 7 should work far better due to its smaller mem foot print

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm installing the RC on my NC10 this weekend all being well. :)

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've been running Windows 7 on my laptop, a Dell Vostro 1500 w/ e7250 (2ghz Core2Duo), 4GB ram, 320GB hdd, 8600GT and it works very quickly indeed. It's notably quick to boot up. It gives me about 4 1/2 hours or so of battery (from a 9-cell) when I'm pootling about on the net, i.e. not taxing it much.

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

the old Win7 Beta runs very well on my MSI wind. General responsiveness is much much better than XP however due to all the GPU heavy transparencies results in generally higher running temps. Battery life however was no different to XP.
    I AM running 2GB ram in there with a 160GB HDD however.

I know its entirely unscientific but none the less I guess its good to let people know.

Gotta try upgrading to the RC though soon.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

That will be interesting, saves me from doing it myself, although, i managed to watch Star Trek Trailer 3 HD in 720p with little stutter, was very impressed with that.

Sam

8. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Don't use Windows 7 if your into gaming as any punkbuster game is not supported. I tried it with COD World at War and kept getting kicked from servers.

9. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i have win7 beta on my laptop (one of them, at least) .. it runs well, minus an issue I had to resolve with Cisco VPN setup ... the problem with upgrading to the RC is you need to do a fresh install .. no in-place upgrade option :-/ .. so I may just wait for the retail version to hit the shelves and run linux in the meantime

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Well that is a bit harsh. I am into gaming, mostly singe player games. Now I will correct your mistake: "If you play games online with windows 7 at the moment, you can be kicked off the servers"

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Problems with Steam?

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Just gone from one of the earlier betas to RC1...looking at these wallpapers I think they need to start taking samples at Microsoft.

Tags: Add Tags